INSTITUTE OF CHARTERED CHEMISTS OF NIGERIA (ICCON)
(Established by ICCON ACT CAP.I.12 LFN 2004)
3rd Floor, Annex A, Federal Secretariat Complex Phase 1, Shehu Shagari Way Abuja.
NOTICE! NOTICE! NOTICE!
COMMENCEMENT OF THE ISSUANCE OF ANNUAL PRACTICING AND PREMISE LICENSE BY THE INSTITUTE OF CHARTERED CHEMISTS OF NIGERIA (ICCON)
The Governing Council of the Institute of Chartered Chemists of Nigeria (ICCON) has approved the commencement of issuance of its license and premise license. The approval was given in accordance with the provisions of ICCON ACT CAP I.12 LFN 2004 (formally decree 93 of 1993).
In line with this, the Institute has commenced the issuance of Annual License to its professional and corporate members as well as chemical dealers. By this new policy, certificate of membership will be obtained once at the point of registration while the license is renewed annually.
Practitioners of the chemistry profession in Nigeria, especially those working within the chemical industry are to note that the commencement date for this policy will be by the end of February 2023. Therefore all chemical companies or chemists applying for import permits of chemicals and End-User Certificates are to note that only practicing licenses will be accepted for their applications.
It is in this regard that the Institute wishes to inform our esteemed members and the general public of the License categories as shown below;
ICCON LICENSE CATEGORIES
|ANNUAL FEE (N)
|Annual practice license for Chemists
|1. Must be an ICCON member or fellow.
2. Must be financially up to date.
3. Must have attended a minimum of one (1) ICCON MCPD (Competency training) in the previous year or any other training approved by ICCON.
|Corporate Membership License
License for Chemical Dealers:
Petrochemicals, Automobile, Construction, and Mining Chemicals
Procedures for Payment and Issuance of Annual Practicing License, Seal and Premise License
- Pay the prescribed fee for the license category through remita or the website
- Send your application with evidence of payment using firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
- On receipt of each of the applications from the individuals and corporate members, the Institute will process the application and if qualified approve accordingly.
- Once approval is granted, the applicant will be communicated and the license will be issued accordingly
- All licenses are renewable yearly.
- The license expiration date is 31st of December.
- Payment after the 31st of March attracts 20% surcharge
- Members are not allowed to use their licenses in two different companies in the same year.
- Each member’s customized seal will accompany the practicing license (applicable to annual practicing license only)
- The corporate membership renewal license fee covers two technical officers (chemists) working in the organization
Chemist Jwalshik Wilford FICCON, FCSN, Chem. Amb. (ACS)